Summer is here and who wouldn’t want to get healthy and gorgeous hair!? Today I am showing you guys 4 DIY hair products you can make own your very own to get luscious looking hair! This is the ultimate DIY hair guide for all hair types! Best part – its soo easy, yet the results are amazing! Okay so lets get startedddd!
For Mega-Moisture – Avocado Mask
- 1 tbsp. raw coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 ripe avocado
1. Blend all the ingredients together until it is totally smooth.
2. Preshower – massage the mask into your hair from the ears and down.
3. Put on a shower cap and hop into a hot shower – the heat helps the mix of proteins and hydrators penetrate your hair to be better.
4. After 20 minutes, wash and condition as usual.
(hint hint: if you hair is fine, don’t use conditioner after you shampoo out the mask. Your strands will be hydrated enough already.)
For Crazy Shine – Oil Spray
- 5 tbsp. argan oil (at health food stores)
- 5 tbsp. almond oil
- a spray bottle
1. Combine the argan oil – which strengthens strands, and the almond oil – which adds sheen and UV protection, in a small spray bottle and shake.
2. Spray onto ends. (if you hair is fine, spray into palms first and then apply where needed.)
3. Comb through to spread the shine.
(hint hint : a tiny bit of this spray goes a long way, so use only half of what you’d used with a typical shine serum.)
For Major Volume – Clarifying Rinse
- cotton balls
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 1 cup of water
1. Dip a cotton ball into vinegar and dab it onto your scalp to sop up excess oil – this help you get lift at the roots. Then, rinse with warm water.
2. Next, mix the baking soda and water. Then, pour it over the bottom half of your hair to dissolve product buildup and to add body all over. After that, rinse again.
(hint hint: if your hair feels dry after, follow up with a deep conditioner on your ends to add back some softness.)
For Grease-Free Roots – Dry Shampoo
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- cocoa powder as needed
- an old makeup brush
1. Gradually mix cocoa powder—just a little bit if you’re blonde—into the cornstarch until the color matches your hair. (It will make it smell great too!)
2. Then dip an old makeup brush into the mixture and dust it onto roots.
3. Let it sit for a few minutes while the cornstarch absorbs the oil and then brush out any excess.
(hint hint: apply this before your makeup. That way you won’t have to do any touch-ups if the powder gets on your face.)
soo yeahhh those were all of the easy – yet effective – hair products! you can totally make these all year long to leave your hair being healthy and gorgeous just like all of the tumblr hair pictures, lol just kidding!
alsoo QOTD — pleeaaasee please please let me know in the comments below if you have ever made your very own DIY hair mask